Okay folks. The child in me has officially taken over. What happened? I received a most excellent gift for my birthday –a video game called Dance, Dance Revolution. My cousin introduced me to the game months ago and I fell in love with it. Having this game in my home is turning me and my husband into wanna-be dancing machines. At this moment, we are playing with the hope of making it off the basic level which is pretty funny to watch. Imagine Rain Man trying to get his groove on and you’re getting close to a real visual.
Surprisingly, this game seems to be revealing a strong personality trait of mine. Apparently, I have issues with waiting. This game does NOT let you work ahead. You have to WAIT for the arrow to be in just the right spot before you can play it. I find myself working ahead, for lack of a better phrase, resulting in ‘boos’ and ‘failed’ messages on the screen. I might say this game will be an ongoing lesson in patience. Lessons can be learned from anything, right?
I have to admit, when these ‘get up and move’ games came out, I was very skeptical of them. (i.e. Wii, DDR, etc.) The key thought behind the skepticism was my disbelief that our culture would get off their bums to move around. Now I’m a believer - at least in DDR.
3 comments:
Yea! I'm glad you like it!
Yay! Happy Birthday! And DDR is the best. :-)
How about a video clip of rain man? *L*
Post a Comment